Solar prepared a refreshed strategy for the period 2010-2015. This group strategy is designed to ensure improved financial performance and continued advancement of the group’s position as a technical wholesaler in a challenging market.
Five strategic focus areas are in scope for the strategy period 2013-2015:
• Keep strengthening our position as one of Northern Europe's leading technical wholesalers within electrical, heating, plumbing and ventilation components. This requires a dedicated business model.
• Increase productivity by focusing on business acumen as well as simplification, standardisation and digitalisation in our daily operations. This will increase productivity both internally and throughout the value chain.
• Create a more proactive sales organisation using standardised processes with clearly defined roles and responsibilities. Moreover, improve our ability to deliver both physical and non-physical products (Solar Services).
• Capture organic growth opportunities by increasing our focus on the climate and energy segments by expanding our product and service offers and increasing our energy competences.
• Train our sales force in proactive selling, secure general career development within Solar, and launch an Employer Branding concept to promote Solar as an attractive employer.
|Gearing (NIBD/EBITDA), no. of times
|Payout ratio (of earnings after tax)
We must excel in three vital areas
Excellence in Business Acumen, Operation and People is a must to achieve our strategies.
This strategy includes a number of company programmes, i.e. strategic initiatives which improve our ability to execute our strategy and reach our strategic objectives. We have deliberately chosen to focus on only a few company programmes for the period 2013-2015.
Group Company Programmes 2013-2015
• Solar Way
• Sales Excellence
• Blue Energy
• People Development
Our business concept Solar 8000 is part of Solar Way.
As a technical wholesaler, Solar operates
within the following product areas:
• Installation material
• Industrial automation
Air conditioning & refrigeration