Economic challenges made Badmodul rethink their way of working in relation to finding a way to work smarter. Thanks to a well-considered assortment and Solar Fastbox©, the company has now increased efficiency by 30 percent.
When a customer wants to renovate their bathroom, it should be without any headaches. This was the overall purpose of the company Badmodul when they started out six years ago. But instead it was CEO Mads Andreasen who ended up with the headache. A couple of years with a lot of economic challenges forced him to reconsider the efficiency of his company.
- We found out that we wasted 4000 hours yearly on driving. It didn’t take me long to figure out that we didn’t earn any money in that time. And then the staff’s pay should be added afterwards, Mads Andreasen explains.
To become more efficient the company asked for help, and a new collaboration with Solar began.
The assortment was thoroughly looked through and adjusted to have the right items available. And trips to the supplier were replaced with Solar Fastbox©.
- In spite of scepticism in the beginning, my employees are very fond of the solution. The tasks are finished more quickly and we don’t spend time looking for parking spots. Furthermore, it has a positive impact on the customers because they see a workman who keeps on working instead of driving for items, Mads Andreasen says.
The new solution means that Badmodul has increased their efficiency by 30 percent.
- This means that every employee can do 30 percent more in the same time. This is good both for them, for me, and for the customer, he adds.
We found out that we wasted 4000 hours yearly on driving. It didn’t take me long to figure out that we didn’t earn any money in that time. And then the staff’s pay should be added afterwardsMads Andreasen, CEO, Badmodul
The stock keeps being optimised
With 40 employees, Badmodul is able to provide the complete renovation, when a customer wants a new bathroom. For every job, the workmen have a 20 feet container nearby with all the items necessary. Solar’s job is to analyse if it is the right items that are in the container to be able to have an optimised storage at all times.
- In this way, we are able to provide Badmodul with a workday that is as simple and efficient as possible, the regional manager for VVS at Solar, Rasmus Tengler, says.
He points out that the agreement also implies a supplemental storage at Fastbox© Center East. This means that Badmodul can always have their products delivered with Solar Fastbox© within an hour if they should run out of items in the container.
- In this way, the workmen can continue working while we take the drive for them, Rasmus Tengler explains.
The solution is specially designed for Badmodul and this was exactly what Mads Andreasen fell for.
- Solar really went far to help us. And even though competitive prices are important for most people, I look at the overall economy. And there is no doubt that this solution has made a big difference, he says.
Solar can help optimise your business by using Total Cost of Ownership approach. Read more here.